YMCA Building Cornerstone Collection
- US TxAM-C 820
This collection contains items that were removed in 2011 from the time capsule in the YMCA building's cornerstone.
YMCA Building Cornerstone Collection
This collection contains items that were removed in 2011 from the time capsule in the YMCA building's cornerstone.
World War I Aggies in Service Collection
This collection consists of a letter from College Alumni Secretary L. L. McInnis, to current and former students of A&M College and their families requesting information about Aggies in the service. Included is a handwritten note of times and names of Aggies who served during World War I (WWI).
The Wipprecht Family Papers is a collection of photographs, correspondence, and other items pertaining to the family of Walter Wipprecht (Sr.). The photographic collection spans the Wipprecht personal family ranch life in Bryan Texas to Texas A&M College and Bryan, TX early buildings. The collection includes several local newspapers, commemorative Bryan, TX memorabilia along with photographs of historic Texas A&M College during the early 1900s.
The collection includes light-sensitive glass plate negatives.
This collection contains photographs, programs, and clippings collected by William (Bill) M. Turner, who participated in a number of musical and theatrical endeavors across Aggieland, relating to the Aggieland Orchestra, Singing Cadets, and the Summer Entertainment Series at Texas A&M from 1945-1964 when Turner was the director of the Singing Cadets.
This collection includes papers of Dr. Wendell G. Swank’s works who was a department faculty member in the Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences Department at Texas A&M during the 1950s to 1980s.
Swank, Wendell G.
Trice's "Scrapbook of A&M College Life" contains photographs of campus buildings, sports teams and games, people, and other miscellaneous scenes from around A&M College during his time there from 1910-1914.
This collection contains letters written by W. P. Ratchford to his family in the years between 1889 and 1891, giving details about his life in the dorms and the Corps of Cadets at A&M.
This collection includes personal letters from "Doc" W. A. Tolson's life including grade reports from A&M College, personal letters dating 1918-1943, photographs from his life and family, and articles dating back to the first broadcasted A&M football game. Other included newspaper articles refer to the A&M College band, Tolson's life working in Radio RCA programs, and his teachings at Princeton.
Tolson, W. A.
This collection contains numerous letters, programs, newspaper articles and other items pertaining to Foy and his service to A&M College.
Foy, Victor H.
Veterinary Medicine Student Wives Auxiliary Scrapbook
This scrapbook was created by the Auxiliary to the Texas Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association at Texas A&M.
University Studio Negatives - Corps of Cadets Companies, Outfits and Squadrons
Collection of Negative photographs of Corps of Cadet companies from 1949-1957, and 1971-1977. Negatives are oversized and organized by date. Names of individuals not listed: See Texas A&M Yearbooks for identifying information on individual persons.
This collection includes several letters from Gathright, who was the first president of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas (now Texas A&M University), to several different correspondents during his Presidency. Although the writing is not very clear, most of the letters are written to Judge Louis McInnis and the Governor of Mississippi during that time. Some of the letters were transcribed in Early History of Texas A&M College Through Letters and Papers (1952), by David Brooks Cofer.
Texas Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) Bound Publication Reprints
This collection consists of bound volumes containing reprints of previously published leaflets, research reports, newsletters and other publications put out by the Texas Engineering Experiment Station (TEES).
This collection functions as a primary record holder for Texas A&M Women's and its various sub-clubs. The records consist of minutes, meetings, financial reports and flyers. The Women's club has been active since the late 1930s. We have records from the late 1950s until the early 2000s. These records pertain to Bryan/ College Station, Texas.
Texas A&M Wesley Foundation Records
This collection includes annual meeting, budget, and minutes reports of the Texas A&M Wesley Foundation meetings from 1957-1984.
Texas A&M Wesley Foundation
Texas A&M University, World War I Tree Markers
This collection contains metal markers with the names, class year, date, and location of the death of A&M men who died during their service in World War I. The markers were used to identify trees that were planted for these men around the Drill Field. These are the first two versions of the markers, the originals were made of brass and the second version was made of aluminum.
During the November 24, 1919 Board of Directors meeting in Fort Worth, Board of Directors' President L. J. Hart suggested that the college plant a tree commemorating the death of each student of the college who gave up his life in the great war. The board agreed and authorized the planting of oak trees. President William B. Bizzell formed a committee to make arrangements for the Tree Planting Day. The committee consisted of R. F. Smith, chairman and Associate Professor of Mathematics; E. O. Siecke, Professor of Forestry; A. T. Potts, Professor of Vegetable Gardening; S. W. Bilings, Professor of Entomology; and A. B. LaRoache, Professor of Architecture and Architectural Engineering. The Memorial Tree Planting Committee was charged with the selection of the variety of trees, location for planting the trees, and the selection of a date and preparation of a program for the occasion. The Committee chose live oaks and set a date of February 23, 1920, for the memorial exercises.
At 2:00 PM on February 23, 1920, President Bizzell, five members of the Board of Directors, President L. J. Hart, W. A. Miller, Jr., John T. Dickison, J. R. Kubena, and H. A. Breihan together with several hundred cadets, a number of faculty members, and family members of those being honored gathered in front of Guion Hall. The ceremony started with Dr. John. A Held, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Bryan giving a blessing, followed by the College Band playing "God Save the Queen", and President Bizzell introducing the day's speaker, L. J. Hart, President of the Board of Directors. Mr. Hart went on to give a speech extolling the sacrifice that these 52 men gave to preserve freedom and by commemorating them with the planting of the trees.
Upon the completion of Mr. Hart's speech, Professor Smith read the names of the 52 men, and members of the Federal and College students, alumni, and faculty were placed in charge of a squad of four cadets to plant a tree for each one of the heroes. The College Band started playing the French National Anthem "Marseillaise", and the squads marched to their sites around the south side of the drill field, around the corner of Houston and Lamar Streets (near present-day Bizzell Hall), and to the south of Hart Hall. As the tree planting began the College Band played "America" and on completion of the planting the "Star-Spangled Banner" closed out the ceremony.
In 1930 the trees were identified with a bronze plaque inscribed with the name, class year, location, and date of their death was mounted on a small limestone obelisk at the foot of each tree. These markers stood until 1971 when national service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega came to their aid. The markers had generally fallen into disrepair, with some missing altogether while others were missing the memorial plaques. After receiving approval from the Board of Directors in February, APO's General James Earl Rudder Pledge Class relocated 15 of the markers that were to the South of Bizzell and Hart Halls on March 25, 1971. These 15 markers were moved to the drill field with the additional 37 that had lined it. On April 18, 1971, during Parent's Weekend, APO held a rededication ceremony. At this ceremony the names of the heroes were read, a small American flag was placed at each tree, and new aluminum plaques were unveiled and mounted on spring-loaded bolts embedded in the trees with the idea to allow for normal growth. During the process of renovating the memorials with Physical Plant personnel and Robert H. Rucker, the university's landscape architect, APO members found that three additional markers were needed, bringing the total to 55.
Texas A&M University, University Police Department Reports and Summaries
This collection contains daily crime summaries and monthly reports that were sent to the Office of the President and other offices of A&M. Information in the daily crim summaries has been previously redacted (blacked out) due to personal or sensitive information contained within.
Texas A&M University, Rodeo Club Collection
This collection contains correspondence from various members of the NIRA to Charles Rankin, the first president of the organization, magazine articles, Texas A&M's annual budgets for the Aggie Rodeo in the 1940s, newspaper articles about the Aggie Rodeo, NIRA newsletters, Aggie Rodeo programs from 1939 to 2002, programs from the University of Arizona's annual championship rodeo from 1946 and 1948, photographs of Aggie Rodeo Club members, excerpts from books on the history of rodeo, two Texas State Senate resolutions, and notes from Charles Rankin.
Texas A&M University, Dean of Agriculture Correspondence
This collection consists of the white, extra copies of the correspondence of the Dean of Agriculture. Most of the correspondence dates from 1960-1968. It should be noted that there is some overlap with material for the Texas Agriculture Experiment Station. This is due to the fact that both R. E. Patterson and H. O. Kunkel who were Deans of Agriculture during this time span also served as Directors of the Experiment Station simultaneously.
The papers from 1959 are from the tenure of Dr. R. E. Patterson as Vice Chancellor for Agriculture. In 1960 he was appointed Dean of Agriculture and simply continued this white copy file until his resignation and departure in August of 1967. Dr. H. O. Kunkel, upon his assumption of duty as the Dean of Agriculture, chose to continue to add to the files of his predecessor rather than creating his own. These files cover virtually the entire time span in which the Dean of Agriculture and Director of the Texas Agricultural Experiment Station were posts held concurrently by the same individual (1960-1972).
Texas A&M University, Bicycle Club Records
This collection contains minutes of meetings, committee reports, financial statements, and reports of the Road Master, from the Texas A&M Bicycle Club.
Texas A & M Bicycle Club
Texas A&M University 100th Anniversary Documentary
This collection consists of a documentary commemorating the centennial of Texas A&M College.
One, 5" box with one folder of earlier campus photographs and one scrapbook of newspaper clippings from 1960-1969.
Texas A&M Student Government Association (SGA) Records
This collection contains documents from the Student Government Association (SGA) including bills, constitutions, agendas and minutes of specific committees and councils, and much more regarding the university's government system.
Most of the documents consist of primary sources that were either handwritten or typed. The collection is mostly made up of agendas, minutes, bills, and correspondence of various A&M student committees and councils. There are a few documents on various university programs and issues that occurred between the 1970s and early 1990s. The entire collection covers the time period from the late 1960s to the early 1990s respectively. These documents only address Texas A&M ventures and concerns regarding the student system.
The collection also includes various traditional events (i.e. Muster) and important people (i.e. Dr. Koldus) that was a result of or contributed to Texas A&M's Student Government.
Texas A&M Student Concern Records
This collection deals, in part, with the issue of hazing at Texas A&M which is defined as:
“Any act that endangers the mental or physical health or safety of a student, or that destroys or removes public or private property; and/ or assisting, directing, or in any way causing others to participate in degrading behaviors and/ or behavior that causes ridicule, humiliation, or embarrassment.”
Included are files relating to student complaints about hazing incidents at Texas A&M, enrollment trends, housing, reports of conditions and inspections, and resignations of students between 1932-1962.
Texas A&M Stationery Collection
This collection includes an assortment of Texas A&M blank stationary and special envelopes (some still in their packages) from both Texas A&M College and, later, Texas A&M University. Cartoon envelopes illustrating rivalries of both LSU and Rice versus TAMC (with mascot illustrations) are included in this collection.
This collection contains speeches that function as records of prominent speakers and mark the days of Commencement, Muster, and dedications at Texas A&M. This collection covers a range of years as far back as 1877 to 1997. The location of every speech given was at the A&M Campus.
Texas A&M Miscellaneous Memorabilia
This collection contains collectible items from A&M College (AMC, TAMC) and A&M University (TAMU) such as buttons, medals, hat pins, watch fobs, nails, etc.
Texas A&M Hillel Articles and Photographs Collection
The Hillel Articles and Photographs Collection contains photocopies of newspaper clippings, photographs of social events, and a guest book ledger related to the Jewish student organization at Texas A&M University. The collection date range is from 1940 to the 1960’s. The collection contains information about Hillel’s involvement with the World War II effort, including highlights of Jewish Aggie veterans of World War II. Photographs, articles, ceremonies, and building information for the Texas A&M Ike and Fannie Sablosky B'Nai and B'Rith Hillel Building are included within the collection. Other information within the collection contain highlights of Hillel Club organized social dance, including photographs and a guest book ledger.
This collection includes flower show information, historical club materials, minutes, club yearbooks and scrapbooks, and club reports.
Texas A&M Data Processing Center Scrapbook
This collection contains a scrapbook with newspaper clippings from 1960 on the topic of the beef industry.
Texas A&M Dance and Banquet Collection
This collection consists of the university's dance and banquet invitations dating back to the beginning of Texas A&M College. These invitations were once owned by students who attended the university/college. Most invitations were produced as a means of communication, due to the limited means of communication in some eras. The invitations cover dates and times that were important to the TAMU/TAMC student body. They can be used to research the sociality of people of the 20th century as well as the late 19th century.
Texas A&M College of Texas General History Scrapbook
This scrapbook contains newspaper clippings regarding A&M College of Texas.
Texas A&M College Social Events Scrapbook
This scrapbook contains news clippings, football tickets, publications, sick lists, miscellaneous materials, and programs and invitations to social events at A&M College.
This collection includes manuscripts discussing World War I (WWI) propaganda cartoons, an essay on war and physicians, and other essays written by students at Texas A&M College in 1919-1920.
Texas A&M College 75th Anniversary Plate
This collection includes a Texas A&M College 75th anniversary porcelain commemorative plate made by John C. Treuhart Architecture 1950 at Vernon Kilns USA. The plate is maroon and white with the names of the different buildings and halls named on the edges found at Texas A&M College.
Texas A&M Centennial Commemorative Metal Plates Collection
This collection includes commemorative metal plates with Texas A&M College logos and an engraving of Sull Ross dating from 1976, which is the commemorative centennial of Texas A&M's founding in 1876.