Name and location of repository
Level of description
Texas A&M University, Bicycle Club Records
Name of creator
The A&M Bicycle Club was created in August of 1897. The first elected officers of the club were Prof. W. B. Philpott (president), J. A. Baker (secretary), C. C. Todd (treasurer), and Professor Smith (Road Master). Misses Bittle and Sbisa were elected sponsors to look after the treasurer. Subsequent presidents of the years 1898-1901 were Charles Puryear and Prof. Smith. The original membership fee was $5.00. The Constitution of the College Bicycle Club was written by Prof. Connell and Mr. Todd and was adopted on September 1, 1897. A major project of the club was the acceptance, repair, maintenance, and addition to a bicycle track built by Professor. R. F. Smith in 1897-1898.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
This collection contains minutes of meetings, committee reports, financial statements, and reports of the Road Master, from the Texas A&M Bicycle Club.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
Description control element
Rules or conventions
Finding Aid Authors: Samantha Reagan and Jenny Reibenspies.
© Copyright 2019 Cushing Library. All rights reserved.