Texas A&M Library History Collection

Identity elements

Reference code

US TxAM-C 1258

Level of description



Texas A&M Library History Collection


  • 1968-1976 (Creation)


1 Box

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This collection contains documents pertaining to library guides, history, correspondence, and general information about Sterling C. Evans library from 1968-1976.

Sterling C. Evans Library was built in 1968. Evans library became a member of the Center for Research Libraries as a first member in the region. In 1979, Evans expanded with two additional floors built and an expansion of the facade and floors.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

  • English

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

The documents are deaccessioned items from the Sam Houston State Former director's files donated to Cushing Memorial Library and Archives by Sam Houston State university archivist Barbara Kievit-Mason.


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Archivist's note

Finding Aid Authors: Jenny Reibenspies.

Archivist's note

© Copyright 2019 Cushing Library. All rights reserved.

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places