- US TxAM-C 1246
This collection contains 5 Corps of Cadets caps/hats from individuals from the class of 1908, 1977, and other unknown years.
This collection contains 5 Corps of Cadets caps/hats from individuals from the class of 1908, 1977, and other unknown years.
This collection includes papers of Dr. Wendell G. Swank’s works who was a department faculty member in the Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences Department at Texas A&M during the 1950s to 1980s.
Buildings & Special Subjects files created for reference use. Compiled from newspaper clippings and various sources. May contain photographs, newspaper articles, slides, negatives, duplicates, and/or photocopies.
Please note that all files are one folder unless otherwise stated. Backfiles are 5" boxes. A designation of "1+1 backfile" means that the file consists of one folder and one backfile.
The Wipprecht Family Papers is a collection of photographs, correspondence, and other items pertaining to the family of Walter Wipprecht (Sr.). The photographic collection spans the Wipprecht personal family ranch life in Bryan Texas to Texas A&M College and Bryan, TX early buildings. The collection includes several local newspapers, commemorative Bryan, TX memorabilia along with photographs of historic Texas A&M College during the early 1900s.
The collection includes light-sensitive glass plate negatives.
This collection contains class notes and workbooks from J. V. Morton relating to Agricultural Engineering and Economics.
This collection consists of a sealed steel cylinder, containing various materials, such as letters and photographs, donated by the Class of 2004.
The capsule will be reopened in 2054 by members of the class.
This collection includes annual meeting, budget, and minutes reports of the Texas A&M Wesley Foundation meetings from 1957-1984.
This collection includes letters written by Buck's friends and colleagues, recommending him for the position of President of A&M College of Texas.
This collection contains items pertaining to the life of Henry Bates Stoddard. Stoddard served on a committee designed to head the local effort to locate a proposed girls' industrial school at A&M. Stoddard was once considered for the Presidency of A&M College of Texas in 1902.
The collection contains many petitions from various citizens of Texas to the Board of Directors of Texas A&M. The petitions request the consideration of H. B. Stoddard to fill the vacant position of President of the College. (Stoddard did not, ultimately, become President.) Included herein is also Stoddard's handwritten will to his daughter and sister-in-law, a picture of Stoddard, two letters written to him, and several other items.
This collection contains letters and photographs from Marshall Findley (Class of 1949) a graduate from Texas A&M. Findley was a member of the Corps of Cadets.
This collection includes the manuscript, Water Mills of Texas on early agriculture, and one personal letter to David Schultz from Dudley T. Smith explaining the manuscript contents.
The manuscript, unfortunately, was not completed or published before Atkins's passing and was his last major project among his many great histories. It remains unedited and "Contains considerable information about early agriculture, the use of horsepower and mechanization, and the processing of wheat and other grains into flour. The photographs are unique and the text gives insights into early foundations of industrialization in Texas- mostly along "fall lines" where numerous rivers in Texas dropped in elevation and water power could be harnessed."
The manuscript totals 69 pages, bibliography included, with the first-page giving a perspective about the paper and its goals.
This collection includes materials relating to the 1982 A&M basketball reunion for the Class of 1935.
This collection contains papers dealing with agricultural topics at the A&M College of Texas during Alvord's service from 1899-1945, along with a picture of the first General Agricultural and Livestock Train in Texas (1910).
This collection includes biographical notes about English Professor Charles Woodward Hutson, an excerpt from a letter of W. J. Walden, Class of 1900 (August 19, 1954), and a chant of the Texas A&M Class of 1898 (2 copies).
This collection contains personal correspondence between the President of the Texas Club at Texas A&M and members. Along with Mrs. Oliver P Harris’s personal letters and papers, and references to social clubs and events during the 1930s.
The collection consists of 3 volumes of hazing investigation transcripts, totalling 714 pages.
This collection contains materials from the Skin and Scuba Diving Club at Texas A&M during the 1970s.
This collections includes a brief biography of Barclay composed by his daughter, Louzelle Barclay, seven photographs concerning A&M College of Texas (Texas A&M University) including one image taken of several alumni by the R. Sullivan Ross statue on the A&M campus and a shot of B. Sbisa, Alumni letters spanning 20 years (1916-1936), and engineering notes taken by Barclay while attending A&M College of Texas.
This collection includes official documents pertaining to proposed 2006 renovation plans for Texas A&M’s Military Walk including designs, presentations, firm history, engineer reports, designs, and certifications.
The Military Walk has been an important landmark since 1876 at Texas A&M. Originally the walk was a dirt road and was paved as a narrow street in the 1940s, later paved over again like a concrete sidewalk. The walk spans 1,500 feet from Sbisa Dining Hall to the Rudder/Memorial Student Center complex. The 2006-2010 renovation to the Military Walk included a brick makeover with lights, benches, and memorial plates.
The contents are as follows:
Project Approach with PowerPoint Presentation
Architectural and Engineering Qualifications Booklet
Edwards and Kelcey Booklet
Letter of Interest
Team Organization Chart
Related Projects Approach
Principal in Charge
Quality of Serve
Statement of Qualification Booklet
This collection contains the information and resources that Dethloff used in revising his biography of Sterling C. Evans.
This collection contains numerous letters, programs, newspaper articles and other items pertaining to Foy and his service to A&M College.
This collection consists of one notebook (housed in a phase box), measuring approximately 10 x 8 inches, containing 49 leaves of machine ruled paper, in cloth over cardboard covers, which was manufactured with two-hole punched metal fasteners.
The front cover design shows: at the top "…A. & M. COLLEGE…, COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS"; in the center, a black and white picture depicting the Old Main building on the Texas A & M College campus, measuring 4.5 x 4 inches; below picture, "Department of" with a ruled space filled in by hand with ink the word "Horticulture," and "Name" with a ruled space filled in by hand in ink with the name "Jess Easterwood."; at center bottom, "PUBLISHED BY, W. M. WELCH MFG. COMPANY, 100 LAKE ST., CHICAGO, WELCH'S PATENT AUTOMATIC FASTENER." The name "EASTERWOOD" and other initials, etc. are scrawled in ink or pencil on the front cover as well.
Most of the notebook's leaves are filled in on the recto page only with class notes written by hand in either pencil or ink, labeled as taken from lectures. A few pages are filled with scrawled names and phrases, repeated over and over, the phrases usually in some way related to the lecture notes, but often just variations on Easterwood's name or initials.
One exception found on leaf 19 is the beginnings of a draft letter, dated January 25, 08, to his father, noting that Easterwood has been recently ill for a "protracted" period of time. Lecture notes in roughly the first half of the notebook pertain to Animal Husbandry [l. 1-14; l. 15-18 & 20 are blank], especially causes, symptoms, and treatment of conditions such as colic, heaves, constipation, dysentery, catarrh of stomach and bowels in livestock, while the latter half are concerned with a class labeled "Horticulture 4" [l. 21-49; the top half of l. 45 is torn out], particularly the cultivating of fruit trees and the marketing of their produce.
Aside from presenting an interesting taste of curriculum offerings at Texas Agricultural and Mechanical College in the early twentieth century, some of the notebook's scrawled asides give a quite colorful glimpse into the mind of a restless and enterprising cadet straying from the lecture in progress.
This collection includes documents, ledgers, expenses, and other items such as a World War I officers ledger containing signatures of the officers who attended or visited Texas A&M.
This collection contains a number of papers on Chenoweth's research and observations during his time as one of four faculty members of the Texas A&M Electrical Engineering Department and Professor Emeritus of Electrical Engineering. Also included are multiple notebooks filled with numerous notes and folders with graphs, calculations, and lab reports.
This collection includes several letters from Gathright, who was the first president of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas (now Texas A&M University), to several different correspondents during his Presidency. Although the writing is not very clear, most of the letters are written to Judge Louis McInnis and the Governor of Mississippi during that time. Some of the letters were transcribed in Early History of Texas A&M College Through Letters and Papers (1952), by David Brooks Cofer.
This collection includes two manuscripts written by Dugan entitled The Great Class of 1934 and On My Way to the Cemetery. The first work chronicles Dugan's life at A&M College and the latter discusses his experiences in World War II (WWII).
Other items in the collection include newspaper clippings related to WWII and the Texas A&M Aggies who fought in the war, war correspondence from the 2nd and 3rd Armored Divisions, and reunion information on the 3rd Armored Division.
These files consist of pictures from multiple sources, including Aggielands, university photographers, and donors.
This collection includes commemorative metal plates with Texas A&M College logos and an engraving of Sull Ross dating from 1976, which is the commemorative centennial of Texas A&M's founding in 1876.
This collection includes a Texas A&M College 75th anniversary porcelain commemorative plate made by John C. Treuhart Architecture 1950 at Vernon Kilns USA. The plate is maroon and white with the names of the different buildings and halls named on the edges found at Texas A&M College.
This collection consists of the 1970 Texas Aggie Felt Calendar with a painting of "Old Sarg" on it.
This collection includes four metal embossers of Texas A&M College and Texas A&M University. Two embossers contain original leather coverings for them.
This collection consists of letters (mostly to his mother and family between 1943-1944), newspaper clippings, and a few other materials detailing the life of Charles Walt Brown during his tenure in the US Army Air Force, especially his experiences while in the Air Crew Training Division on the Texas A&M campus.
From 1943 to 1944, Texas A&M College provided its land and facilities to the US Military to prepare soldiers for World War II (WWII). In Brown's letter to his mother, Mary Swan, and to other family members, he told of details of his life in the Army and at the different military facilities he was stationed at.
This collection contains 2 copies of "Texas A&M Today as seen by High School Seniors and the General Public" (295 pages) report conducted by the E. L. Reilly Company, a consulting company based in New York that provides consumer and marketing research on companies, universities, and schools during the 1960s.
The project was commissioned by the Former Student Association to address concerns about slow growth even after diversifying and accepting more students in the 1960s. In November 1967, a group study was performed among high school students with the results showing that Texas A&M University, compared to other comparable Texas universities, was rated 4th most popular out of the five schools.
This collection contains a telegram with a list of the student freshman Corps of Cadets on the drill team for April 6, 1967.
This collection consists of 26 plant sample sheets (not all containing plants) with descriptions that had been collected from the area surrounding the Texas A&M campus in Brazos Valley County. The samples were gathered from April 14 to May 28, 1890, by Eugene W. Carter.
In November 2003, M. D. Reed of the Texas A&M University Biology Department repaired and curated the herbarium's botany samples leaving the following note:
This collection may have been used as a teaching aid in a Botany class, since E. W. Carter does not appear in student rolls from the period.
These are common plants of the Brazos Co. spring flora. The "analysis" on each sheet is correct and painstakingly thorough. The book used to identify the plants was probably one by Asa Gray not meant for Texas. But since there was no complete treatment for Texas in 1890, this is hardly a fault.
This collection consists of one register notebook containing the students admitted for the 1881-1882 school year at A&M College of Texas. The register includes the name, parent or guardian, post office, birth date, county of residence, and remarks.