- US TxAM-C C000036
This collection contains gameday programs for the Texas A&M Football team.
This collection contains gameday programs for the Texas A&M Football team.
This collection contains tickets, season ticket books, a game passes for A&M athletic games and events including men's and women's Basketball, Baseball, Football, Track and Field, Sports Day, Roller Derby, Huntsville Prison Rodeo, and the Fiddler's Festival Dance. The majority of the tickets are from A&M Football, followed by men's Basketball and Baseball.
This collection contains materials that were part of the work done by David Woodcock through the Center for Heritage Conservation as well as the Design Review Sub-Council (DRsc), which reports to the Council for Built Environment and is responsible for ensuring all construction and renovation on the Texas A&M Campus. The materials focus on DRsc review, the Campus Houses that A&M faculty lived in, the Riverside Campus, formerly the Bryan Air Base and the Annex, and historic Bryan and College Station.
This collection functions as a primary record holder for Texas A&M Women's and its various sub-clubs. The records consist of minutes, meetings, financial reports and flyers. The Women's club has been active since the late 1930s. We have records from the late 1950s until the early 2000s. These records pertain to Bryan/ College Station, Texas.
This collection includes flower show information, historical club materials, minutes, club yearbooks and scrapbooks, and club reports.
This collection contains daily crime summaries and monthly reports that were sent to the Office of the President and other offices of A&M. Information in the daily crim summaries has been previously redacted (blacked out) due to personal or sensitive information contained within.
This collection contains correspondence from various members of the NIRA to Charles Rankin, the first president of the organization, magazine articles, Texas A&M's annual budgets for the Aggie Rodeo in the 1940s, newspaper articles about the Aggie Rodeo, NIRA newsletters, Aggie Rodeo programs from 1939 to 2002, programs from the University of Arizona's annual championship rodeo from 1946 and 1948, photographs of Aggie Rodeo Club members, excerpts from books on the history of rodeo, two Texas State Senate resolutions, and notes from Charles Rankin.
This collection highlights the momentous strides taken by the women of Texas A&M from the very beginning and contain the materials used to create the exhibit Intended for All: 125 Years of Women at Texas A&M. Also included are newspaper stories, drafts of the exhibit catalog and photographs.
This collection follows the African American experience here at Texas A&M and consists primarily of secondary materials such as biographies and timelines of Black American Aggies. There are also primary materials in the media section of the collection, which consist of cassette tapes filled with interviews.
The collection spans the life of James Earl Rudder. The bulk (1944-1970) of the materials roughly correspond to the chronology of James Earl Rudder's life, with additional materials collected mainly by his wife, Margaret Rudder. The collection includes materials from Rudder’s time in the service during WWII, clippings from newspapers, as well as posters, magazine issues, memorabilia, and Rudder’s awards.
This collection includes two manuscripts written by Dugan entitled The Great Class of 1934 and On My Way to the Cemetery. The first work chronicles Dugan's life at A&M College and the latter discusses his experiences in World War II (WWII).
Other items in the collection include newspaper clippings related to WWII and the Texas A&M Aggies who fought in the war, war correspondence from the 2nd and 3rd Armored Divisions, and reunion information on the 3rd Armored Division.
These calendars function as planners or nostalgia tokens for their previous owners, with a collection of events and pictures. The covers of the Texas A&M College (TAMC) are authentic leather with the years pressed into them. The college calendars consist of past time pictures of A&M's campus, students, and faculty. The calendars cover events that were important to A&M specifically and were created in Bryan/ College Station, Texas. These calendars showcased important events for the A&M community to come together. A couple of these calendars were formerly owned by former students and may contain sensitive information (i.e. address), so please be mindful of their privacy.
This collection contains speeches that function as records of prominent speakers and mark the days of Commencement, Muster, and dedications at Texas A&M. This collection covers a range of years as far back as 1877 to 1997. The location of every speech given was at the A&M Campus.
This collection includes documents from the Texas A&M Class of 1945 Anniversary Reunion, which took place in 1995. Materials include muster programs from 1995, a schedule of events, and a registration list.
This collection contains documents from the Student Government Association (SGA) including bills, constitutions, agendas and minutes of specific committees and councils, and much more regarding the university's government system.
Most of the documents consist of primary sources that were either handwritten or typed. The collection is mostly made up of agendas, minutes, bills, and correspondence of various A&M student committees and councils. There are a few documents on various university programs and issues that occurred between the 1970s and early 1990s. The entire collection covers the time period from the late 1960s to the early 1990s respectively. These documents only address Texas A&M ventures and concerns regarding the student system.
The collection also includes various traditional events (i.e. Muster) and important people (i.e. Dr. Koldus) that was a result of or contributed to Texas A&M's Student Government.
This collection contains the formal invitations to commencement ceremonies. The invitations record the time, day, and place of each commencement ceremony. This collection has invitation from the late 19th century till the early 1990s. These invitations were not exclusively made in College Station/Bryan, Texas. These invitations were formerly owned by students, their family, and friends.
This collection consists of the university's dance and banquet invitations dating back to the beginning of Texas A&M College. These invitations were once owned by students who attended the university/college. Most invitations were produced as a means of communication, due to the limited means of communication in some eras. The invitations cover dates and times that were important to the TAMU/TAMC student body. They can be used to research the sociality of people of the 20th century as well as the late 19th century.
This collection includes papers of Dr. Wendell G. Swank’s works who was a department faculty member in the Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences Department at Texas A&M during the 1950s to 1980s.
This collection contains the Boone and Bryan family history in a compilation of biographies, clippings, and photocopies from books and newspapers, and other topics on the history of Boonville, TX. Also included are land acre maps of the town of Boonville and several genealogies including the genealogy of the Harvey Mitchell family.
This collection includes annual meeting, budget, and minutes reports of the Texas A&M Wesley Foundation meetings from 1957-1984.
This collection includes materials relating to the 1982 A&M basketball reunion for the Class of 1935.
This collection contains a 24-page handwritten essay on Ice machinery written on June 16, 1882, by C. S. Travis. Possibly, this was an essay for a class assignment or lecture. The essay describes Ice machinery mechanics in 1882.
This collection of reports was assembled by a staff member who worked in the department from 1949 to about 1974. Some reports were added after 1974, but that was not done as consistently as before. Thus, for the first twenty-four years, the collection should be at least virtually complete.
All of the reports are in good condition. The earliest ones were published as mimeograph copies while the later ones seem to be published as photo-offset copies.
This collection contains telegrams, correspondence, and photographs of Joel Hunt, who played Quarterback for the Texas A&M Football team from 1925 to 1927. The items appear to be from Joel Hunt’s scrapbook that was disassembled into this collection.
Collection of Negative photographs of Corps of Cadet companies from 1949-1957, and 1971-1977. Negatives are oversized and organized by date. Names of individuals not listed: See Texas A&M Yearbooks for identifying information on individual persons.
This collection includes commemorative metal plates with Texas A&M College logos and an engraving of Sull Ross dating from 1976, which is the commemorative centennial of Texas A&M's founding in 1876.
This collection includes correspondence, publications, and class notes related to or written by Biology Professor Lawrence S. Dillon. The items in the collection span Lawrence S. Dillon's works from 1946 to 1975. The collection includes class syllabi taught by Dillon, publications, AIBS directory, and conference schedules. Other items include journal articles and publications written by Dillon and his colleagues on topics pertaining to zoology, evolution, and geological events.
This collection contains articles written by James Russell Couch from his duration at Texas A&M as professor of Poultry and Nutrition Science. The articles relate to Poultry and Nutrition science and range from 1950 to 1974.
The Wipprecht Family Papers is a collection of photographs, correspondence, and other items pertaining to the family of Walter Wipprecht (Sr.). The photographic collection spans the Wipprecht personal family ranch life in Bryan Texas to Texas A&M College and Bryan, TX early buildings. The collection includes several local newspapers, commemorative Bryan, TX memorabilia along with photographs of historic Texas A&M College during the early 1900s.
The collection includes light-sensitive glass plate negatives.
This collection contains photographs, programs, and clippings collected by William (Bill) M. Turner, who participated in a number of musical and theatrical endeavors across Aggieland, relating to the Aggieland Orchestra, Singing Cadets, and the Summer Entertainment Series at Texas A&M from 1945-1964 when Turner was the director of the Singing Cadets.
This collection contains metal markers with the names, class year, date, and location of the death of A&M men who died during their service in World War I. The markers were used to identify trees that were planted for these men around the Drill Field. These are the first two versions of the markers, the originals were made of brass and the second version was made of aluminum.
During the November 24, 1919 Board of Directors meeting in Fort Worth, Board of Directors' President L. J. Hart suggested that the college plant a tree commemorating the death of each student of the college who gave up his life in the great war. The board agreed and authorized the planting of oak trees. President William B. Bizzell formed a committee to make arrangements for the Tree Planting Day. The committee consisted of R. F. Smith, chairman and Associate Professor of Mathematics; E. O. Siecke, Professor of Forestry; A. T. Potts, Professor of Vegetable Gardening; S. W. Bilings, Professor of Entomology; and A. B. LaRoache, Professor of Architecture and Architectural Engineering. The Memorial Tree Planting Committee was charged with the selection of the variety of trees, location for planting the trees, and the selection of a date and preparation of a program for the occasion. The Committee chose live oaks and set a date of February 23, 1920, for the memorial exercises.
At 2:00 PM on February 23, 1920, President Bizzell, five members of the Board of Directors, President L. J. Hart, W. A. Miller, Jr., John T. Dickison, J. R. Kubena, and H. A. Breihan together with several hundred cadets, a number of faculty members, and family members of those being honored gathered in front of Guion Hall. The ceremony started with Dr. John. A Held, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Bryan giving a blessing, followed by the College Band playing "God Save the Queen", and President Bizzell introducing the day's speaker, L. J. Hart, President of the Board of Directors. Mr. Hart went on to give a speech extolling the sacrifice that these 52 men gave to preserve freedom and by commemorating them with the planting of the trees.
Upon the completion of Mr. Hart's speech, Professor Smith read the names of the 52 men, and members of the Federal and College students, alumni, and faculty were placed in charge of a squad of four cadets to plant a tree for each one of the heroes. The College Band started playing the French National Anthem "Marseillaise", and the squads marched to their sites around the south side of the drill field, around the corner of Houston and Lamar Streets (near present-day Bizzell Hall), and to the south of Hart Hall. As the tree planting began the College Band played "America" and on completion of the planting the "Star-Spangled Banner" closed out the ceremony.
In 1930 the trees were identified with a bronze plaque inscribed with the name, class year, location, and date of their death was mounted on a small limestone obelisk at the foot of each tree. These markers stood until 1971 when national service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega came to their aid. The markers had generally fallen into disrepair, with some missing altogether while others were missing the memorial plaques. After receiving approval from the Board of Directors in February, APO's General James Earl Rudder Pledge Class relocated 15 of the markers that were to the South of Bizzell and Hart Halls on March 25, 1971. These 15 markers were moved to the drill field with the additional 37 that had lined it. On April 18, 1971, during Parent's Weekend, APO held a rededication ceremony. At this ceremony the names of the heroes were read, a small American flag was placed at each tree, and new aluminum plaques were unveiled and mounted on spring-loaded bolts embedded in the trees with the idea to allow for normal growth. During the process of renovating the memorials with Physical Plant personnel and Robert H. Rucker, the university's landscape architect, APO members found that three additional markers were needed, bringing the total to 55.
This collection consists of the white, extra copies of the correspondence of the Dean of Agriculture. Most of the correspondence dates from 1960-1968. It should be noted that there is some overlap with material for the Texas Agriculture Experiment Station. This is due to the fact that both R. E. Patterson and H. O. Kunkel who were Deans of Agriculture during this time span also served as Directors of the Experiment Station simultaneously.
The papers from 1959 are from the tenure of Dr. R. E. Patterson as Vice Chancellor for Agriculture. In 1960 he was appointed Dean of Agriculture and simply continued this white copy file until his resignation and departure in August of 1967. Dr. H. O. Kunkel, upon his assumption of duty as the Dean of Agriculture, chose to continue to add to the files of his predecessor rather than creating his own. These files cover virtually the entire time span in which the Dean of Agriculture and Director of the Texas Agricultural Experiment Station were posts held concurrently by the same individual (1960-1972).
This collection contains correspondence from the A&M College Bandmaster Richard J. Dunn. Other items in this collection include infantry music books dating from 1930-50s. The collection also contains original sheet music from the Fighting Texas Aggie Band and legal documents pertaining to Richard J. Dunn's song "Texas Aggie", "Spirit of Aggieland", "The Aggie War Hymn" and other Aggie Sheet music.
This scrapbook was created by the Auxiliary to the Texas Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association at Texas A&M.
This collection contains a telegram with a list of the student freshman Corps of Cadets on the drill team for April 6, 1967.